Secure Provisioning of Cloud services based on SLA Management
Started in 1 November 2013
Official site: www.specs-project.eu
Goal: SPECS’s main objective is to progress the state-of-the-art in Cloud Computing Trust and Security by creating, promoting and exploiting a Platform-as-a-Service devoted to offer and manage security features on a SLA-based basis.
This main objective is accomplished by a series of measurable technical objectives as summarised below:
- Design an innovative Security Platform-as-a-Service. Offer a solution for the SPECS’ Security-as-a-Service approach, proposing a clear design for a Platform-as-a-Service dedicated to security services and to SLA life cycle management.
- Allow user-centric negotiation of Cloud SLA. Propose solution for helping End Users to negotiate Cloud SLA effectively with a set of CSP, by understanding the resulting trade-offs.
- Innovative Solutions for Continuous Security Monitoring. Design and implement SLA monitoring solutions dedicated to continuously control the security offered by CSP and to help ensuring the granted QoSec.
- Develop Innovative Security Services to Enforce SLA. Offer a clear design and an implementation of services dedicated to grant security features to Cloud end users in order to fulfill an agreed SLA and, keep a sustained QoSec.
- Real-world validation of SPECS outcomes. Implement two relevant use cases to empirically validate the outcomes of the project.
- CENTRO REGIONALE INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY SRL (Italy),
- TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET DARMSTADT (Germany),
- INSTITUTUL E-AUSTRIA TIMISOARA (Romania),
- CLOUD SECURITY ALLIANCE (EUROPE) LBG (United Kingdom),
- XLAB RAZVOJ PROGRAMSKE OPREME IN SVETOVANJE D.O.O.(Slovenia),
- EMC INFORMATION SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL LTD (Ireland)