MOdel-Driven Approach for design and execution of applications on multiple Clouds
Started in 1 October 2012, for 36 months
Official site: www.modaclouds.eu
Goal: The main goal of MODAClouds is to provide methods, a decision support system, an open source IDE and run-time environment for the high-level design, early prototyping, semi-automatic code generation, and automatic deployment of applications on multi-Clouds with guaranteed QoS.
The tangible results the project is expected to deliver are:
– An IDE supporting the design and semi-automated deployment of applications to the Cloud and on multiple Clouds, as well as the early QoS assessment of Cloud applications.
– Modelling languages and supporting tools for developing Cloud abstractions that are Cloud provider-independent and span across different layers of the Cloud stack.
– Run-time framework and high level policies for the run-time management of applications on Clouds and multi-Clouds enabling automatic migration of applications or of their components on different Clouds providing quality assurance.
– Novel mechanisms to close the loop between run-time and design time and adapt to changing requirements and context, offering QoS information to the decision making engine.
– A decision support system providing guidance in the selection of the right set of Clouds analysing trade-off between cost, reliability, risks and quality impacts.
– Models and methodologies for the evaluation of the impact of the Cloud adoption in Organisations improving trust in Cloud solutions.
– Demonstrators and evaluation of the projects results with industry relevant case studies.
- POLITECNICO DI MILANO (Italy),
- STIFTELSEN SINTEF (Norway),
- INSTITUTUL E-AUSTRIA TIMISOARA (Romania),
- IMPERIAL COLLEGE OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MEDICINE (United Kingdom),
- SOFTEAM (France),
- SIEMENS SRL (Romania),
- BOC INFORMATION SYSTEMS GMBH (Austria),
- FLEXIANT LIMITED (United Kingdom),
- ATOS SPAIN S.A. (Spain),
- CA TECHNOLOGIES DEVELOPMENT SPAIN S.A. (Spain)