A self-organising, self-managing heterogeneous Cloud
Started in 1 February 2015, for 36 months
Official site: cloudlightning.eu/
The CloudLightning project aims to create a self-organising and self-managing heterogeneous cloud.
Our objective in creating this system is to remove the burden of low-level service provisioning, optimization and orchestration from the cloud consumer and to vest them in the collective response of the individual resource elements comprising the cloud infrastructure. A related objective is to locate decisions pertaining to resource usage with the individual resource components, where optimal decisions can be made. Currently, successful service delivery relies heavily on the over-provisioning of resources. Our goal is to address this inefficient use of resources and consequently to deliver savings to the cloud provider and the cloud consumer in terms of reduced power consumption and improved service delivery, with hyperscale systems particularly in mind.
- University College Cork (Ireland),
- Dublin City University (Ireland),
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norvegia),
- Institute e-Austria Timisoara (Romania),
- Centre for Research and Technologies Hellas (Greece),
- Maxeler Technologies (UK),
- Intel Research and Innovation Ireland Limited (Ireland),
- Democritus University of Thrace (Greece)