Institute e-Austria Timisoara is an institute created over 10 years ago (2002), which is dedicated to the promotion of excellence in scientific research and technological transfer in the field of information technologies.
One of the main goals is to promote cooperation between Romania and other European countries, both scientifically and economically.
The institute was created in 2002 by:
- RISC (Research Institute for Symbolic Computation, Linz, Austria)
- UVT (Universitatea de Vest Timisoara, Romania) and
- UPT (Universitatea Politehnica Timisoara, Romania),
using public funding from:
- BMWF (Austrian Ministry of Education, Science, and Culture),
- BMWA (Austrian Ministry of Economy) and
- MEC (Romanian Ministry of Education and Research)